Heart disease is the #1 leading cause of illness and death in the United States. Over 600,000 people die of heart disease in the United States every year, equaling out to be about 1 in every 4 deaths. Like any major disease, the best way to reduce your risk of developing it, is through daily exercise.
The benefits of cycling are almost endless. In the case of the Ride for Heart Health, not only are you enjoying the heart healthy benefits cycling brings to your body, but you are doing so while enjoying a scenic route through the beautiful Finger Lakes all while you coast down the gorgeous vineyard-filled, countryside roads.
Need more reasons as to why you should join us for our ride? Here are just a few:
- Cycling is proven to improve mental well-being. Leading an active lifestyle can boost your mood as exercise contributes to the release of adrenaline and endorphins, overall making you feel happier and more energized.
- Cycling helps with weight loss. Cycling burns between 400 and 1000 per hours. Looking to shed those last few pounds? Try our 30 or 50-mile ride alongside Cayuga Lake!
- Cycling contributes to building muscle. The resistance provided by the natural landscape of the Finger Lakes will not only burn fat, but also aid in building muscle as you power through those inevitable hills, both big and small.
- Cycling is easy on your joints. The sport is low impact, meaning you are at a lower risk for developing an injury.
- CYCLING CUTS YOUR RISK OF DEVOLOPING HEART DISEASE. It is a proven scientific fact that cycling will highly decrease your risk of developing heart disease. The physical exercise increases blood flow around the heart, aiding in burning calories, raising your heart rate and, as a result, makes your heart significantly healthier overall, especially when conducted on a regular basis!